IDEA VISION GmbH (hereafter known as IDEA) is obliged to protect your personal data. By using the website and the online content of IDEA, you agree in advance to this Privacy Declaration. Your personal data is collected, processed and used exclusively within the scope of the provisions of the privacy protection statutes (data protection statues) of the Federal Republic of Germany. Information concerning the nature, extent and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data is provided below. You can view this information at any time on our website.
1. Which data is collected, processed and used by IDEA?
Generally speaking, you are not required to state who you are or provide any personal data in order to visit the website of IDEA or view the website content. To enable IDEA to sell products to you and/or to provide you with information on certain services, including customer service and/or information related to products or services, and/or to enable you to make full use of the website content, it is necessary to collect suitable personal data on the relevant pages of the website or the online content and in the relevant data entries. This includes in particular, but not exclusively, your personal information or company details, such as your name, company name, address, age, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact data; information on products, such as serial number, product site, configuration and other product-related data and/or information regarding product purchases, as well as references to your identification particulars and details, including use profiles, information on the start and end of use of the online content, and scope of use. Furthermore, for technical reasons data may be collected automatically when our website is accessed, such as the date and time of access, the URL of the referring website, the files viewed, the volume of data sent, the browser type and version, the operating system, and your IP address. (The data mentioned above is hereafter collectively referred to as personal data.)
2. Use and disclosure of your personal data
IDEA may collect, process and use your personal data to:
- fulfill its obligations under the provisions of the purchase contract as well as other contractual agreements between you and IDEA;
- provide customer service, including services in connection with the business operations of IDEA, such as warranties, guarantees and customer service;
- make upgrades, updates and bug fixes for the products available to you;
- obtain your opinion on IDEA products and services and conduct product surveys;
- simplify and process your search transactions and your requests for data and for the products and services of IDEA;
- provide you with the latest information on IDEA products and services, including suggestions and special offers that you may be interested in;
- improve IDEA´s products and services for you;
- conduct competitions, contests and other promotional offers and marketing activities;
- ensure that you are only able to access this website by means of the interface provided by IDEA for this purpose.
IDEA stores your personal data solely in order to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or in order to comply with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations.
IDEA may share personal data with other IDEA affiliated companies in Europe and worldwide, make personal data available to them or convey personal data to them, subject to the condition that IDEA must nevertheless
strictly comply with applicable privacy protection legislation. IDEA affiliated companies use your personal data only for the purposes mentioned above, and they are subject to strict principles and rules regarding the use and protection of personal data. (IDEA affiliated companies comprise all companies, firms, and partnerships for which the majority of their shares or equity is owned directly or indirectly by IDEA or is controlled by IDEA.)
External companies receive personal data only to the extent necessary to provide the service concerned. We do not allow external companies to use your personal data for any other purpose.
It may be necessary for us to access your personal data or disclose your personal data in order to comply with the provisions of applicable laws or court proceedings or to assert our rights or defend ourselves against legal claims. We will disclose personal data and all other available information if necessary in order to investigate unlawful activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the corporeal integrity of persons or violations of the conditions of use specified by IDEA, or to take preventive measures or countermeasures in this regard. Data may additionally be conveyed for other reasons to the extent required or permitted by law.
3. How IDEA collects personal data
IDEA collects data about you in various ways. For example, we request your contact data when you correspond with IDEA, call IDEA to make a purchase or request customer service, register your purchased products with our customer service department, or register in order to view our online content, support, or material available for downloading.
The most common examples of how IDEA collects your personal data are:
- When you register an IDEA product or service, we collect your name, address, and other contact data, as well as the product name or model name, product site, etc.
- When you request help from our customer service department, we record your name, contact data, the purchased product, product site, technical problem concerned, advice provided, etc.
- When you purchase a product from us or have a purchasing question, we record your name, contact data, the products you have purchased or wish to purchase, and your questions.
- When you use our website and our online content, make a purchase online or use the download areas, if necessary we create an account for you with your contact data, product data, payment preferences and delivery preferences. In some cases it is necessary to make a credit check if you wish to purchase a product or service.
Data collected online may also be combined with data you have made available to IDEA at other times, such as during the purchasing process, product registrations, calls to IDEA, or at public events such as exhibitions and fairs. The personal data received by IDEA in such cases is compared with existing data in databases and stored in order to simplify our customer data management system.
The personal data that we collect may be stored in various databases. IDEA strives to respect the various preferences you have expressed at various times in order to process your data appropriately. If you ever receive incorrect data for whatever reason, please contact IDEA in order to correct the situation.
4. Security of collected personal data
IDEA takes due care to protect your personal data against loss and misuse. IDEA strives to the best of its ability to take all suitable technical and organizational measures and precautionary measures in order to protect personal data against unauthorized access, improper use, changes, loss or destruction. These measures comprise:
- Restricting access to personal data. Only employees who need to know the data in order to offer you products and services are allowed access.
- Using physical, electronic and process-based security mechanisms conforming to regulations in order to protect your personal data.
6. Right to receive information, correct, block and delete personal data
On request and with no need to state a reason, you may at any time receive information concerning your data stored by us. You may at any time block, correct or delete your data collected by us. You may at any time revoke the declaration of consent given to us for the collection, processing and use of personal data, with no need to state a reason. To do so, please communicate with IDEA at the address stated under point 9 by fax, telephone or letter.
On request, you will receive a declaration regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as confirmation that all parties concerned have been informed of your information request with regard to modification, blocking or deletion. IDEA will do everything within its power to fulfil these requests.
If you wish to be deleted from an e-mail distribution list (such as for a newsletter), please use the Unsubscribe link and/or follow the instructions that are (normally) included in the footer of the e-mail message, or contact IDEA at the address mentioned under point 9 by fax, telephone or post.
7. Links to other sites
Some IDEA websites contain links to other websites that are not administered by IDEA. Your personal data is not shared with these websites. Although IDEA strives to offer only links to sites that comply with the high standards of IDEA with regard to personal privacy, IDEA does not bear any responsibility for the content, security or privacy practices of other sites and expressly disavows any liability in connection with the use of other sites and the content found on other sites.
8. Child protection (children aged 14 years or less)
IDEA does not knowingly acquire or collect personal data from children or about children (aged 14 years or less) without the permission of their parents or guardians, and IDEA does not knowingly market any products or services to children. If IDEA becomes aware that a person whose personal data has been submitted via an IDEA website is a child, IDEA will do everything in its power to delete this personal data as quickly as possible. IDEA will do everything in its power to ensure that this personal data is not used for any other purpose or disclosed to other parties.
If you need additional assistance or wish to submit a comment, request or declaration, please contact us at the following address or by means of one of the contact options stated below:
IDEA VISION GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)8031 9085795
Fax: +49 (0)8031 9085796
Last update: 2023